Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Thank you

Tonight I am in a very thoughtful mood. I just left the funeral home and that always causes me to ponder the "what if's" in life. Our NJS friend Shannon lost her father yesterday. She was her usual self at the funeral home this evening, maybe just a little more tired version of herself actually. It made me think, "What if that was me?" Would I act the same way? Isn't that what we as women often commit to being, a slightly skewed version of ourselves? We have our "public" face that we put on for the outside world, right? It is among our real friends though that we can be honest and say, "I'm tired."
I am grateful to all of you NJS girls, because I know that we can open up to one another and say. "I'm tired, frustrated, angry..." You can fill in the blank with any number of words. It doesn't matter, I know that we will always be there for one another. No. Matter. What.
That is what our group is about, even more than just scrapbooking. We are friends and we are there for one another as women. When the group first began, the "what if's" were very simple. What if no one comes, what if we don't make enough money to pay the rent, etc. I am grateful today for the harder "what if's" that come with knowing people better and being good friends. The "what if's" in real life are much more difficult. I am grateful for those "what if's", because I know that it means I am truly blessed to have an amazing group of women that I can call my friends.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you! I know if I was in need, I could always turn to my NJS girls for help! You girls will never know this side of Heaven just how much I do care for you!! I love each of you very much! Thanks for EVERYTHING! Vicki D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so thankful for post that Melissa just made. It made me think too. I hope that all of you have a wonderful and joyful Merry Christmas. I know there are alot of people hurting in our group, including me. The lot we were dealt doesnt seem fair sometimes. But there is Joy in the Lord and in his word if we will just plug in and actually READ it. So amidst the chaos this year I hope that you get reminded to stop and grab that devotional or Bible that will give us the joy and peave only God can bring. I dont know where I would be without God, family, and NJS friends. Chanda

    ReplyDelete